Vino di Anna "Jeudi 15" Rosato 2019Regular price $27.00 Save $-27.00
Anna Martens and Eric Narioo started making wine on Etna in Sicily in 2010. Principally Nerello Mascalese with a small percentage of Nerello Cappuccio, Alicante (Grenache) and indigenous white grapes (Minella, Catarratto, Insolia) from the contrada of Monte LaGuardia. The grapes were hand harvested and then 75% de-stemmed by hand into a 30HL open oak fermenter. The remaining 25% were added as whole bunches. Fermentation was conducted by indigenous yeasts. The fermenting must was in contact with the skins for 7 days during which time it was foot plunged gently several times. After a week, the fermenting wine was pressed and fermentation finished in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation occurred the following Spring. The wine was left on fine lees for 6 months before bottling without fining or filtering.