Byrrh Grand Quinquina 375ml [NY STATE ONLY]Regular price $14.00 Save $-14.00
*Please note we cannot ship this item outside of NY State
- World-famous aperitif from French Catalonia near Spain
- Generous wine and mistelle base; firm backbone of quinine
- Classically sipped on ice with lemon peel or with a splash of tonic
- Byrrh loves clear spirits such as gin, tequila and mezcal
- Pairs well with blue cheese
- Evolved from quinine bark infusions used to prevent malaria
Byrrh Grand Quinquina is made to the original late-19th century recipe that earned worldwide fame and inspired fifty years of evocative poster art. Byrrh combines a generous, port-like wine and mistelle base with a firm backbone of natural quinine to produce a fruity, refreshing aperitif by itself, with tonic and a twist, or paired with blue cheese. In cocktails, Byrrh mixes well with vodka, gin, cognac, tequila, Irish whiskey, and grapefruit. Byrrh is produced in Thuir, in the heart of French Catalan territory, near the coast and border with Spain.
Add a little gin or tequila to a Byrrh-tonic for a firmer midpalate. Byrrh loves clear spirits—it accepts the astringency of gin, the herbal notes of tequila, or the smokiness of mezcal. Try mixing 1.5 oz Byrrh and 0.5oz of mezcal—this combination is intense, complex, and low-pour cost, whether finished as a long drink with grapefruit and soda, or a stirred drink with your favorite bitters.